Wednesday 22 September 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Sale-A-Bration - Delicate Dahlias

 Today I used the Delicate Dahlias again but I had even more fun than I did on Monday. I stamped the large onto the white mat using a Stazon Ink Pad. I encircled it with the 5 smaller flowers and then stamped 2 more Dahlias onto spare white card. I coloured each of the flowers from the centre of the flower using the Watercolour pencils from Stampin' Up! Then using a water-brush I lightly washed the colour outwards to the edges of the flowers. I used the peachy pink of Flirty Flamingo again and the gorgeous bright yellow of Daffodil Delight. I wanted a little more colour on the larger flowers so I stamped an acrylic block onto the Flirty Flamingo ink pad and picked up some of the ink with my water-brush and added the extra colour. I then cut out one of the flowers complete and the other, I cut into the flower and took the outer petal off and gave the dahlia some extra dimension. Both of the 2 flowers were added to the card directly over the original flower. Now I have a decoupaged flower. A few sentiments using 1 from the Dahlia stamp set and the other from another Sale-a-Bration stamp set called In Your Words. I mounted the white mat onto a piece of the Flirty Flamingo card to help make it jump off the card. 





For more information on the products that I have used this week, please click HERE and it will open up a link on a new page to the shop. You'll be able to browse all the way through the catalogue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment