Thursday 2 September 2021

Throwback Thursday Penguin Place

 Have you ever made your own Christmas/celebration cake? And if you made one did you decorate it with royal icing? Well I use'd too but not so much now . I particularly remember making Christmas cakes with lots of rough royal icing and putting little figures of Father Christmas  or snow covered Christmas trees on top.  Why are you asking am I talking about royal icing?? Well for today's Throwback Thursday Penguin Place card I've used something that reminds me of it!!

I started out with one of the new masks in the Adorning designs decorative masks. I chose the snowflake one to go with my penguine Christmas theme.

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up embossing paste penguin place

Once I'd secured the mask over a mat of dark blue cardstock I used a pallette knife to apply White embossing paste through the mask. I used a dabbing motion to make it a rough surface.  Once done I immediately placed the pallette knife and mask into warm soapy water. I left the panel to dry. 

Next I decided to fussy cut some of the characters from the super cute pattern paper that is available with a qualifying purchase called Penguin Playmates  from Stampin' Up!

Penguin Playmates Stampin Up embossing paste card

Once I'd cut ot my characters I stamped one of the cute sentiments from the Penguin Place stamp set. I then mounted my snowflake embossed panel onto a white mat and secured a length of shimmery white ribbon along the width of the card. 

After mounting the panel onto a dark blue card base I added my characters and sentiment using 3d foam. Then I added a few sparkley sequines to give it a little more sparkle 

White embossing paste Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up Penguin playmates

Now the texture of the paste is so much fun and brought back memories of those long gone christmas cakes 😁

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up

White embossing paste Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up

To add a little something to my card I also decorated a panel for the inside.  I used the mask again but this time blended dark blue ink through it. Another length of ribbon and I was done.

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up

I had great fun making this card and remembering those Christmas cakes  😋 . I do so love a mice rich fruit cake . What about you? Are you old school fruit cake and royal icing ? Or  more modern sponge and fondant icing? 

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up white embossing paste Penguin playmates dsp




No comments:

Post a Comment