Wednesday 15 September 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Beauty of Tomorrow

 If you've been here before you might have realised I'm rather into making the most from my stash. It was this desire to waste not want not that has led to today's card. If you saw yesterday's post, which you can find here, you'll know that I was playing with the gorgeous Beauty of Tomorrow stamps and the super Soft Pastels assortment.   And one of the things is that once you've finished popping you pastels you're left with some colour on the silicon mat. 

Sooo my use it don't waste it brain said lets see what I can do with that. As we always share a project featuring watercolour on a Wednesday I thought lets see what happens if I use my water painter!! 

Soft Pastels assortment stampin up watercolour ideas

With a damp waterpainter I picked up some of the colour left on the silicon sheet. I then swoshed it across my white cardstock mat! And it worked!!! It left a beautiful soft colour that I loved so I carried on until I'd used all the colours 😅

Soft Pastels assortment stampin up Beauty of Tomorrow watercolour background


Now I had a beautiful rainbow looking background to use. Now I don’t know if you've ever heard of it but when a beloved pet dies we say they have crossed the rainbow bridge.  One of the sentiments in the Beauty of Tomorrow stamps says "I know this is a difficult day". It jumped out at me as being thw perfect pairing with this gentle rainbow for a card for some one who has lost a dear furry friend.

I stamped the large sprig in a soft grey colour called smoky slate onto the watercolour background to continue to soft look. I then mounted both the watercolour mat and the sentiment mat onto a rich purple coloured cardstock. Mounting both onto a white card base and added 3 coloured gems finished my card.

Beauty of Tomorrow stampin up soft Pastels assortment watercolour background

I had fun playing with the pastels and water but did worry it might rub off but no once it was dried it didn't! Which was really useful 😅

So the moral of todays post? Don't be afraid to try different thing that will expand your stash. After all we all want the most bang for our buck don’t we?

Beauty of Tomorrow stampin up watercolour soft Pastels assortment


No comments:

Post a Comment