Tuesday 7 September 2021

Technique Tuesday - Seasons of Fun

 Today I've been playing with an old technique, it's called the masking technique. The stamp set this week was calling for it! Using the Host sets called Seasons of Fun and In Your Words I started by stamping the little child onto the top of a post it note, not the sticky side I hasten to add! I peeled off 3 sheets of post it at the same time and fussy cut the image out. the child  was pulling a cart but I only inked the stamp up using a Stampin' Write Marker Pen. So now I have 3 little children...just in case! I then took a piece of Basic White card and stamped the 1st image onto it. Once it had dried, I added one of the post it note children over the image. Fortunately, I stamped the first image in the centre so I was able to stamp either side of that post it note, lining the hands up so it looked like the children were holding hands. Job done! I then started to colour each child in individual colours. Triplets are cute but they all have to wear different colours to show that they are all different. 

For more information on the stamp sets or any of the products that I have used here today or this week, please click HERE  It will open up on a new page so you don't lose where you were.

Once I had coloured them all in, Yep... I fussy cut them all out, still holding hands too! I'm really pleased as they all came out really well too.  Using a few pieces from the Beauty of The Earth Designers Series Papers and a small strip of the lovely soft blue of Balmy Blue card, I then used a die from the Inspiring Canopy dies, that gave me the trees and the sloped hills . I stuck the mats all to the Basic White card base landscape, added wet PVA glue, Tombow to the back of the trees then placed them where I wanted them. While they were all drying, I added Black double sided foam, Dimensionals to the back of the children. I used black ones as the images of the papers and children was quite dark, I thought it would be better and not show as easily. They worked too! A few sentiments from the In Your Works, Host stamp set  and the card was completed.







No comments:

Post a Comment