Friday 12 August 2022

Fun FOld Friday - Count On Me

Well, hasn't the week gone quickly? Not quick enough as far as this Covid bug is concerned though! Nearly 2 weeks and I am still positive and feeling rubbish! Never mind, making cards this week has really helped take my mind off of it. For the last time this week, I have used the Count On Me stamp set. This time I have made a card similar to one that I made for our all-day class last Saturday. Below is one of the cards I made like today's one....


Taking a piece of A4 card in Calypso Coral I cut it portrait at 14.85cm which is nearly 6". The next is to score the card in third's along the long length or landscape. As I am using metric and our card is 29.7cm long, I have scored mine at 9.9cm from each end of the card. Using a pencil to measure and mark, mark lightly at 2.5cm or 1" down on the 2 outer edges and 2.5cm or 1" across the bottom edge of the card on both sides. Put your card into your trimmer and remove/cut off the triangles you have just marked. That is the base of your card completed. You may need to trim back the outer sides when you go to fold them in as it may be a fraction too wide to fold properly. 


It's now down to the decorating. I used the papers called Happy Forest Friends again, they are ideal for this stamp set. I started by cutting a C6 mat of 9.5 by 14.4cm, I laid it under the 1st of the sides and pencilled the shape on the paper. As I wanted the opposite side to be the reverse of the toadstools, I laid the 1st piece on top of the 2nd layer and cut them both out. I then had 2 pieces which faced the same way. Perfect! I turned the 2nd piece over to show the Calypso Coral side. Once again, I stamped all of the animals onto scraps of paper using Memento and coloured them in using my Blends pens. Yes, as usual, I fussy-cut them out! I also fussy cut some of the printed animals and flowers from the DSP.


With the length of card that I cut off at the beginning, I made a Belly-Band for the card. I cut it down to 22cm long and 2.5cm wide. The rest was used for the sentiments. I added a length of the white Frayed Ribbon over the top of the belly-band and frayed a small length of it and made a faux bow!


 
Well, once again that's me done for this week. Thank you for stopping by to see which stamp set I used and the cards I made using it. 
Cary will be back on Monday to show and inspire you with some more of her creations. 
 
Until I return the following week, please keep well, stay safe but most of all....
 
KEEP ON CRAFTING!
😍😍  xx  Gill  xx 😍😍   



No comments:

Post a Comment