Tuesday 2 August 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Pretty Medallion

 Today's card is very bold and bright so a pair of sunglasses might might be a good idea 😎 😅. I  have used another of the background stamps from Stampin' Up! . Called Tropical Hideaway  I've used it with an oldie but goodie technique. 

Tropical Hideaway stampin up spotlight technique bright bold card

The technique is called the Spotlight technique.  In the past I've done this with puches. You start by stamping an image then cut circles or any shape you like from the image. But for today's card I decided to use a die called Picture This. The die cuts out a range of circles all at once!

Picture this die stampin up fun spotlight technique bright bold card

Once you have cut out your circles, or other shapes, colour the images that have popped out.  For my card today I stamped and heat embossed in black the Tropical Hideaway image onto white cardstock. 

I used my alcohol markers,in a tropical green called parakeet party, to colour the leaves. I then used the stunning tahitian tide, which is a fabulous turquoise blue, to colour the background. 

Next I matted the panel onto a piece of card in the same blue colour. Then adhered it to a black card base.

I then used 3d foam to insert the circles back into the panel and created a sentiment.

Tropical Hideaway stampin up fun Spotlight technique bright bold card

Don't you just love the bright bold pops of colour this technique gives to this card? 


Tropical Hideaway Stampin up fun Spotlight technique bright bold card


This definitely a bold statement of a card 🤣 whilst I like the bright bold colours this technique does work well with softer more gentle colours too.

I also placed my panel off center to give the card a slightly different feel.

Tropical Hideaway Stampin up fun Spotlight technique bright bold card

The sentiment is from the Sale-A-Bration offering and is called Amazing Phrasing. 
As I had stamped the Tropical Hideaway image onto a piece of cardstock larger than I needes I had a stip left over.
I coloured the strip and used it on an insert for the inside of the card. 

Tropical Hideaway Stampin up fun Spotlight technique bright bold card

All in all today's inspiration is a fun one.

Tropical Hideaway Stampin up fun Spotlight technique bright bold card


No comments:

Post a Comment