Wednesday 17 August 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Grassy Grove

 Do you ever find a piece of pattern paper and love it so much you try to recreate it? Well I have done just that for today's inspiration! I loved the designs in a pack of paper called New Horizons.  Sadly they are now retired 😕  but just what I wanted to pair with the images in the  Grassy Grove stamp set.

Grassy grove watercolour backgrounds masked background thank you card

Can you understand why I wanted to try and create something inspired by these beautiful patterns?  

So I started by taking some thick white cardstock and some ink refills along with a waterbrush.  The colours I chose are a dark blue called starry sky , a pink called polished pink, a light blue called balmy blue and a gentle grey called smoky slate. 

I used 2 strips of Masking paper to create a stip slight off center in which to apply the colour whilst protecting the rest of the white cardstock. 

I'm no painter so literally looked at the pattern paper and tried to recreate it! It's not perfect and it did manage to leak out the edges when I used too much water but I love the final product 😍 and it really made me feel really painterly 🤣

Grassy grove watercolour backgrounds masked background thank you card


To finish the card I used black ink to stamp across the coloured strip and the blank areas. Mounted it onto a panel of starry sky cardstock then a white card base.

A few iridescent pearls and a simple sentiment stamped in starry sky and my watercolour card was complete.


Grassy grove watercolour backgrounds masked background thank you card


Really had fun with this card so would highly recommend that you try and recreate your own favourite papers. What have you got to lose? All that can happen is you might find it fun and that you make a project that you really can say is all at your own hand 😊


Grassy grove watercolour backgrounds masked background thank you card

No comments:

Post a Comment