Thursday 4 August 2022

Throwback Thursday Butterfly Brilliance

 I have a trip to the dentist today 😬 I'm not a big fan so needed to create something quick for today's inspiration.  I knew I wanted to use the beautiful Butterfly Brilliance background stamp. Then I decided as it is Throwback Thursday I'd  case a card that been shared here on our blog before.

Aftdr a quick search using the looking glass icon I found a card that Gill shared over a year ago using the same stamp. When I case a card I usually don't copy it exactly but use it as a starting point.  For one thing the paper Gill use isn't available!!

So I created ny own paper by blending 2 colours onto a piece of white cardstock.  I then dropped water droplets over it to give it a little texture. The colours I chose were an  orange called mango melody and a pink called polished pink.  These bright colours work so well together. 

Butterfly Brilliance stampin up background stamp blended background card


I then took the butterfly brilliance stamp and stamped it in basic grey. I cut the piece to create a narrow element. I then coloured just 1 butterfly using alcohol markers in orange and pink.

Butterfly Brilliance stampin up background stamp blended background card




Because I didn't want to cover either the background nore the stamped panel I used vellum to stamp my sentiment onto. I stamped on versamark then used white embossing powder and heat set it.

Here's Gill's card that I cased 

Butterfly Brilliance stampin up background stamp blended background card
 
I have to say caseing a card is a great idea when you're short on time but please always remember to give credit to the person who's card you cased . (  you can see Gill's post by clicking here)

So wish me luck at the dentist and please join me here again tomorrow for my final post of the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment