Friday 5 August 2022

Fun fold Friday Daisy Garden

Wow what a week ! It's  super busy here classes galore and a big trip to get organised for!! So to finish the week I wanted a calm card that wasn't  going to be too complex but still has wow factor. To finish my week of using background stamps I decided to use the beautiful Daisy Garden stamp. It's a beautifully detailed line art style image that has a fresh feel to it.

Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card

Isn't  it pretty? I knew I wanted to create a project that used a lovely technique.  The technique is where you stamp on vellum and heat emboss in white. It give a gorgeous delicate effect.

My super simple fun fold is what I call a split front card. It starts life a standard C6 card base . You then trim the front panel down to 5.5cm wide. You then cut 1 panel the measures 5.5cm x 14.85cm.  And a further 2 strips that measure 1.5cm x 14.85cm. 

Next I stamped and heat embossed a piece of vellum with the Daisy Garden stamp. I trimmed the piece to measure 5.5cm x 14.85cm. 

I then added a 1cm line of adhesive to the front right hand edge of my card base and adhered the left hand side of my vellum along it. I then took one of the 1.5cm x 14.85cm strips and repeated the process for the right hand side of the vellum.  Make sure that the edges line up with the card base and you card front is whole again.

To hide the adhesive on the vellum I took the large panel and stip I had cut and embossed them using the lovely Fern 3d embossing folder . 


Fern 3d embossing folder stampin up

I then adhered them over the front of the panels on the card front. This gives a nice finish and stability to the card. The vellum acts as a window between the 2 panels that is quite lovely.


Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card

I stamped the Daisy Garden image onto a white panel that I used as an insert.  I used the same shade of green ink, mint macaron, as the cardstock to give a coordinating look.

Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card

Rather than stamp a sentiment I decided to use a die cut one. Called Amazing Thanks the sentiments come with a shadow die as well which is great fun. 

Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card

As you can see the die actually say's thanks.  Now I  don't  know about you but I always think it sounds a bit sarcastic to say thanks šŸ˜ so I just snip the s off and voila I had thank to go with the you die cut!! šŸ™‚

Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card  

So that's  all from me this week. I do hope I've inspired you to get those background stamps out and maybe turn them into the star of the show in your next projects.

Please join me here next week when Gill will be sharing her talent with us all.

Have a great weekend hopefully enjoying some crafting goodness šŸ˜€ 

Have fun

Cary xx

Daisy garden stampin up background stamps simple fun fold vellum thank you card


No comments:

Post a Comment