Monday 15 August 2022

Make it simple Monday Grassy Grove

 This week I'm sharing inspiration using a stamp set called Grassy Grove. This stamp set brings to mind soft dappled light in cool woodland glads... the exact opposite of the heatwave we find ourselves in at the moment here in the UK!!! The garden is parched, the grass dead and even the rrees are shedding leaves!!! So as I sit here sweltering I'm imagining the soft coolness of the grassy grove and stamping with it even if I can't actually feel it! 

Grassy grove stampin up easy cards simple stamping

Isn't it a beautiful set? And the sentiments are so nice. As it's #makeitsimplemonday I am of course only using stamps, ink and paper but with this set that isn't a problem!

Now I could have created a scene or showcased the deer but I wanted something a little different.  

What I came up with was a very easyway to add interest using ink. All you need are 3 shades of one colour.  For my first sample I went traditional and used 3 shades of green.

I started with the lightest called pear pizzazz and inked all over the largest of the stamps. Next I took out a mid shade of green called old olive. I added this to the mid section of the stamp by gently dabbing my ink pad using just one edge.

The final step was to take the darkest shade of green called mossy meadow and add ink along the bottom edge of the stamp. Now the tip here is to huff all over the stamp to reawaken the ink. Onces I'd  huffed I stamped on to the card base.

I then stamped the sentiment in the darkest green under the stamped image and the card was done. Quick and easy but a little more interesting than if stamped with just one colour. 

Grassy grove stampin up easy cards simple stamping

I really like the way this #simplestamping card turned out but decided to jazz it up a little by changing the colour palette .....

Grassy grove stampin up easy cards simple stamping

Doesn't this just prove the power of colour? By using shades of turquoise blue this grassland image takes on a whole new feel!!
Well I couldn't stop there and just had to have a go with shades of pink...

Grassy grove stampin up easy cards simple stamping

The turquoise blue one reminds me of thw sea and the pink version screams coral reef to me! All from a stamp that in green is a grassy grove!!


So which do you prefer?  I'm  rather taken with them all but perhaps leaning more to the turquoise blue as it would be so lovely to dip my toes in the sea as I sit here now writing this post 😜


No comments:

Post a Comment