Friday 26 August 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Heron Habitat Bundle

Wow! It's Friday already! Time flies when you're having fun and fun I have had this week again. :)) Using the Heron Habitat Bundle today I have made a card that I have done several times in the past. I started by taking a whole sheet of A4 card in Polished Pink and scored both pieces at 3.5cm and 5.5cm from each side. Approximately 1,3/8" and 2,1/4". Then using the Layering Diorama Dies, I cut a hole in the centre of one of them. 

I took another piece of DSP from the retired, New Horizons Designer Series Papers and cut it at 14.4cm high by 13.5cm wide. I cut that into 3 pieces. 1.8cm then 9.9cm which left me with another piece of 1.8cm wide. I added the 2 narrow strips to the narrower, outer front edges of the piece which I had die cut. Using low tack tape, I lined the other piece up on the inside of the front and die cut through the aperture. That way, I know that the pattern lines up! I had a piece of the Pink, Supple Shimmer paper in my stash which I added to the centre back piece. I realised after I had used it on the card that it also retired at the end of the last seasonal catalogue! I continued as I had already adhered it. Then lining the diorama shape of DSP through the aperture on the front piece, I adhered it to the Shimmer paper. I then added the rest of the DSP over the front of the card following the shape and pattern. 

I then had some fun with the stamping and die-cutting of the herons, birds and bull-rushes. I used the Stamparatus to get the reverse images on some of the birds. To finish off, I added some more of the shimmer paper to the sides and 2 die-cut pieces from the Delicate Edges dies. A few sentiments for the front and the back finished this card off. 

I am sorry that I have used a few pieces of retired DSP this week. Some of it had to be used as it coordinated with the projects so well this week.





HERON HABITAT BUNDLE (ENGLISH)

That's it from me for another week, thank you so much for stopping by to see what I have been up to. Cary is in New Orleans this week but has made some gorgeous projects to share with you for next week ahead of time. Please look out for her amazing projects next week.    

Until I return, please keep well, stay safe 

but most of all.....

KEEP ON CRAFTING!!

Love from Gill 

xxx😍😍xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment