Tuesday 30 August 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Amazing Year

 Today I'm sharing a much loved technique using the gorgeous Amazing Year stamps. Called masking its a very simple idea. Your going to be covering one stamped image and stamping another over parts of it.

The effect this gives is to have things appear behind the first stamped image. Now don't panic its really easy especially if you have a fab product called Masking paper.  

Masking technique amazing year stampin up birthday card

This unassuming white paper is magic! It has a shiny side and a mat side. You are going to stamp your image, I've  used the parcel image from the Amazing Year set, onto the mat side. I stamped in black as it's what I am planning on using on my card. 

Once you've stamped the image fussy cut it out. For this technique I always cut on the line. This helps minimise any white halo around the images.

Now I took a mat of cardstock to fit on the front of my slimline/dl card base. I stamped my first image at the bottom of the mat. Then placed the mask over the image and stamped again. With the mask in place you don't have to worry about your first image being over stamped.

Masking technique amazing year stampin up birthday card

Now as you can see in the pictures I forgot to take pictures as I went 🥴 so please use your imagination 😅  
I continued masking and stamping until the parcels tumbled all along the edge of my card.
The mask gets a bit covered but works brilliantly as it's  repositionable. 

Masking technique amazing year stampin up birthday card

Next it was time to colour the parcels. I used my alcohol markers in softer shades of lilac, green and peach. I left the bows white and added a very light shade of blue around the outer edges to add a little depth to the overall image.

Masking technique amazing year stampin up birthday card
 
Because I chose to do a slimline/dl card I had plenty of room to stamp lots of parcels 😉. But my trusty mask still had life left in it! So my tip is to place it inside your stamp case. That way you have a mask ready if you need one in a rush!

Masking technique amazing year stampin up birthday card

All my sampled needed to finish it was a few of my all time favourite sparkle iridescent rhinestones. 
I do hope you'll give this fun technique a go. It sure is made easy with the fab masking paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment