Wednesday 3 August 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Pretty Medallion

 Today's inspiration is a little different from yesterday's in the look. Yesterday was bold and bright with a contemporary feel to it. (you can see it here). Today is all about soft and subtle with a gentle colour palette and the stunning Pretty Medallion.

Pretty Medallion stampin up watercolour subtle gentle card

This oh so elegant background stamp is stunning. You can colour it , use parts of it, create decoupage with it..... the options are endless.

So for my card today I chose to heat emboss the image with white embossing powder onto thick basic white cardstock. I then took an acrylic block and dabbed it in a lovely lilac colour ink pad. Called fresh freesia this colour is lovely.

Next I took my spritzer filled with water and spritzed the ink on the block. I then applied the wet ink over the image. Now this can be messy if you add to much water or not work well if not enough water so I do suggest giving it a try on scrap first 😉 .

As the piece has been heat embossed you can't use a heat tool to dry it. So patience is needed , you have to allow it to dry naturally . It'll be worth it promise 😉

Once dry I splattered across the piece using a larger brush . This means my splatters are on the larger size. A finer brush gives finer splatters. 

Pretty Medallion stampin up watercolour heat embossing celebration card


Now it was time to cut the panel to the size I wanted . I didn't want to use it all so was bold and cut it almost in half!! I then place that on to a mat of white cardstock.  I wound a length of a pretty pale turquoise blue ribbon around the white portion. Next I used 3d foam to adhere the panel to a card base the same shade of blue as the ribbon.

I sprinkled a few iridescent rhinestones to add a little something something to this gentle card.

Pretty Medallion stampin up watercolour heat embossing celebration card
 
As I have used a background stamp with no sentiments I have fallen back to my favourite Sale-A-Bration offering Amazing Phrasing.  I stamped in a soft grey called smoky slate to keep in with my soft and gentle colour palette. 
I took a sliver of the piece of unused stamped image to decorate the inside of the card. 

Pretty Medallion stampin up watercolour heat embossing celebration card

I love the softness of this card and really enjoyed creating it. Sometimes it does us all good to step outside our own boxes and discover what else there is to create.

Pretty Medallion stampin up watercolour heat embossing celebration card



No comments:

Post a Comment