Monday 29 August 2022

Make it simple Monday Amazing year

 Hello and welcome to a week of inspiration from me, Cary,  using a fantastic stamp set called Amazing Year.  I do hope you're all having an amazing year yourselves. I sure am! If you're seeing this on the 29th of August I'm in New Orleans ( fingers crossed because I'm  writing theis weeks posts before I go 🤣) I  am very fortunate to be able to attend a Stampin' Up! Event in this amazing city so am staying a few extra days to explore.

So enough of that lets get back to the card inspiration!! As it's  #makeitsimplemonday my samples are of course #simplestamping.  I am sharing a very simple tip for colouring my stamped image though 😉.

So what does the Amazing Year stamp set look like? It's  a great set of open line images and great sentiments. 

Amazing year stampin up fun easy stamping card making

As you can see the stamped images just shout to be coloured in.  There are lots of ways to add colour but when keeping it simple I like to work with watercolour pencils.  They aren't expensive but give you a little more flexibility than just a colour pencil. 

So I started my samples by stampin the bouquet in a pretty blue ink. I stamped along the long edges of my card base but with the stems off the cardstock. 

Next I took my blue watercolour pencil and added colour just to o the center of the flowers. Next is my top tip... grab yourself a pencil with a  rubber on the end! Look at the darker flower to the right of the image below.

Amazing year stampin up fun easy stamping card making

Now just make sure the rubber is clean before you start gently blending the colour you've  applied. I worked in both a circular motion and in a flickering motion from the center out. Another tip is to rub the colour off the eraser often to stop any colour transfer. 

Amazing year stampin up fun easy stamping card making
 
The effect  is to add gentle colour to the image as I've chosen to keep the outline and the infill the same colour. 
This card came together really quickly all I added was the lovely bold sentiment and I was done.

Amazing year stampin up fun easy stamping card making


In fact it was so fast I whipped another up just because I had the spare time!! This time I went a pink colour 💗 
Amazing year stampin up fun easy stamping card making

I'm really happy with how  these very gentle feminine cards  came together.  I  like both colour ways and can see it done in so many colours. Which colour would you go with 🤔








No comments:

Post a Comment