Friday 15 October 2021

Fun Fold Friday Gingerbread and Peppermint suite

 Happy Friday 😀 to celebrate Friday's here at 2 Big Girls Crafting we have fun with our inspiration.... Fun Fold inspiration that is 😉 and this Friday is no different! The fun fold I'm sharing is an easy one that give you plenty of spaces to decorate and a simple  hidden message space.  I have used the Adorning Designs decorative masks from the Gingerbread and peppermint suite.  Now the masks are a fab purchase as they're not just for Christmas,  although today's card is using the snowflake one 😀 

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up

To start today's card I used the mask and created 2 background pieces. For the first I used Embossing Paste and the second I used White craft ink

I mixed some wink of stella into the embossing paste before spreading it throught the mask. I also painted a little more over the paste in areas to give it a little more of the subtle shimmer. I use pieces of cardstock in a softer shade of pink called blusing bride. 

Embossing Paste wink of stella Adorning Designs Decorative masks stampin up

As you can see above I forgot to take photos of the backgrounds before I completed the card 🤫 but hey that's life 😅

For my second background piece I used  white craft ink to blend throught the mask. Using the white craft ink gives a lovely soft colour that isn't harsh. Again I forgot to take photos before using the piece 🙃 

Whisper White craft ink Adorning Designs Decorative masks stampin up


I left my background pieces to dry thorough and started on the card base. For the base you'll need a piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm.  You'll also need a piece of cardstock measuring 7.5cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm .

The smaller piece was adhered to the front of the card base when it was in a landscape orientation . I  positioned the small card to the left of the card but not to the edge.

I then took my piece of white inked background and cut it to 9.5cm x 13.9cm and blended it with ink around the edges. I mounted it onto a piece of the Kraft paper that is also a part of the suite. 

This piece was adhered onto the card front with the small piece open so that it covered the cut edges.

I then decorated the small flap. I cut a piece of the embossing paste background to 6.5cm x 9.5cm and as before blended ink around the edges. I matted this onto a piece of the kraft paper and then onto to flap.

I  decorated the front of my card using the Frosted Gingerbread stamps and dies. I used my trusty Wink of stella glitter brust to add more subtle shimmer to the white die cut snowflake and peppermint kisses.

Gingerbread and peppermint suite stampin up Adorning Designs Decorative masks soft vintage fun fold Christmas card

Next it was time to decorate the hodden message on the inside of the flap on the front of the card.

Gingerbread and peppermint suite stampin up vintage Christmas card

Don't you just love the sweet sentiment? 

Gingerbread and peppermint suite stampin up fun fold Christmas card

I also got a bit carried away and decorated the back of the card ...

Gingerbread and peppermint suite stampin up Christmas card

As well as the insert inside!!!

Gingerbread and peppermint suite stampin up Christmas card

This card gives you lots of space to write, add photos etc which makes it a great card to send with your annual family round up. Or as a card where lots of people can leave messages. 

Vintage style Christmas card stampin up


Well thats it from me for this week. I do hope you've been inspired by what I've shared and that you'll join me next when we see what the lovely Gill has to share.

Have a great weekend, hopefully with lits of crafty time 😉

Have fun

Cary xx

We'd  love to be your one stop shop for all things Stampin' Up! If you're in the UK then please click Here to go have a look at our shop.

We also have a wonderful community of fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators called Larger Than Life Stampers.  If you're interested in becoming a demonstrator and live in the Uk, Austria,  France,  Germany or the Netherlands  please click Here or message us for more details. 

Cary & Gill xx

2 comments: