Tuesday 5 October 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday - Peaceful Deer

 For today's card using the Peaceful Deer stamp set, I have used one of my favourite simple techniques and that is Heat embossing. It is so simple to do as long as you have the heat embossing tool, embossing powder and ink pad such as the amazing Versamark. This is really an upgrade of the card I made for yesterday's Make It Monday or #simplestamping project. I have used another of my favourite techniques called matting and layering. I love the layers on a card as it always adds dimension to any card. 

My first action was to use the embossing buddy (a very fine powder to clean up finger prints from the card) and wiped it across the whole of the card that I was going to ink onto. Instead of using the Memento ink pad as I did yesterday, today I used the Versamark ink pad and stamped the deer first and then the stars repeatedly over the upper half of the card. Versamark is Watermark stamp pad and will stay wet for quite a while, even a day or so! Once stamped all over, I poured white Embossing Powder over the wet ink and then heat set it using the Heat tool. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to heat set all of that powder. Watching it change from very dull greyish-white to the shiny white is AMAZING!!! I love it! I stamped a further deer onto the blue card scrap in the same way and once heat-set I punched it out using the matching punch that goes with the stamp set.

I used the Misty Moonlight card and Basic white once again keeping to my monochrome look again. A strip of the gorgeous cotton ribbon, loads of Rhinestones (a big change for me) and a few messages, completes this card for today.  

For more information on the products that I have used today, please click HERE The link will open up in a new window for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment