Thursday 21 October 2021

Throw back Thursday - Classic Cloche

For my Throwback Thursday card, today I've gone way back in time to when I paper pieced cards. Something that I haven't done in many, many years. Using the Classic Cloche stamps, I stamped the cottage 3 times across the white mat using the really light grey of Smoky Slate. Then using the stamp from the set to colour the images, I stamped the cottages in the rich deep red of the Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad. I stamped another of same the images onto a scrap piece of card. This was then added to a piece of the Foam Adhesive Sheet. 

This is a sheet of double sided foam very like the Dimensionals but a sheet approximately 4 1/2" square. I die cut the small cloche shape out which left me with the frame and the coloured cottages on the cloche. Firstly, I cut into the cottage piece and fussy cut them all out. They were then added onto the card image. Taking the residue from where the cloche was cut from, I fussy cut around the edge to give me a simple frame which once done, I added it to the card and surrounded the little cottages.  

A fiddly but very rewarding, fun way to give a unique look to a card.




 I'm pleased with it, I hope you are too?


2 comments: