Friday 8 October 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Peaceful Deer

Well we are at Friday again this week already. I have really enjoyed playing with the Peaceful Deer stamp set so much that I will be making many more ready for my Christmas card collection. I always make so many cards and often send loads to the charities too. It's pointless me keeping them if someone else can make use of them, why not! 

Today's is a sort of gatefold card but it has a bit of an extension on. I had this idea in my head and played with lots of printer paper to eventually get it to work out. Now that I have the plan, I will be making many more in the coming weeks. I started with the gorgeous red of Real Red card. I cut the piece of A4 card in landscape position at 14.85cm by 29.7cm. Then another piece of red 11cm by 14.85cm. The smaller piece was scored along the 11cm width at 5cm and 10cm. The longer piece of card was scored from the left at 9.9cm, 19.8cm and 24.75cm. One of the smaller sections was adhered to the front of the 1cm section on the other, smaller piece of card. You now have a very wide card base. I have reversed mine so that the larger panels, the 9.9cm one are to the right of the card. They really can be either end. Then it was down to the decoration. As this is like a concertina folded card, I ended up covering all of the panels on both sides. My choice but not totally necessary. The deer paper is from the Peaceful Prints DSP from Saleabration. I added the stag and the doe over another half of the deer on the papers.  The mesh panel on the inside right of the card is from the called Gingerbread and Peppermint Memories and More card pack. There really are some gorgeous cards in that pack!

 I hope you have been found some ideas for your own cards this week. Please do let Cary or me know if you have made something based on our ideas as we would always love to see or hear about them. 

For more information on the products that I have used this week, please follow the link HERE and it will open up in a new page. It will at first take you to the Peaceful Deer stamp set and punch but you can have a really good browse around there without being pestered. 

If you live in the UK, please shop with us and we would love for you to join our Stampin' team of demonstrators too. We have a really great diverse bunch of people. They are all wonderful.

 
Above and below is the front of the card which has been joined using the beautiful Real Red Sheer Ribbon. 

 

Above is the front of the 4 x 5cm panels that you would see on opening the card.
Below is the 4 x 5cm wide panels as you would see on the reverse of the card. I haven't as yet decorated them but may do in the days to come.


 
 Above is the left hand inside main panel and below is the right hand panel.


 
 Above is the last panel which could act as a message panel and below is the stamp set and the punch which goes with the leaping deer.

 
 Below is the instructions for the panel layouts of the card. I hope the instructions are clear enough and that I don't confuse you too much.

 
Above is the large main panel of the card and below is the extension of the card.

 
Thank you for stopping by this week to see my creations. I do hope that you have some inspiration to make your own projects as a result. 
 
Cary will return on Monday with some of her amazing creations to show you so please stop by. 
 
Until I return in a week, please take care, stay safe and well but most of all....
KEEP ON CRAFTING :) 
😍😍😍


No comments:

Post a Comment