Friday 1 October 2021

Fun fold Friday Be Jolly

 Last Sunday I was lucky enough to take part in some team training, I must admit  to loving a bit of training ๐Ÿ˜€, and as part of the day we were lucky enough to take part in a creative session with the lovely Kim Fee, a fellow demo.  For part of her session she shared the fab fun fold that I'm sharing with you today. I'm  not sure what she called the fold but I'll  be calling it the Kim fold! ๐Ÿ˜… Of course my sample had to use the oh so cute Be Jolly stamps. 

Be jolly Stampin up Christmas fun fold card


The super fun fold starts life as 2 pieces of cardstock 1 measuring 14.85cm x 10.5cm and piece 2 measuring 14.85cm x 28cm. 

Then take piece 2 and score at 5cm and 9.5cm in from both ends. Then fold the score lines as a mountain then a valley from each end.

Now take the folded piece, closed up, and carefully center it onto piece 1. Making sure that it is equal adhere the two pieces together and voila your base is made!

Now the fun really begins!! Decorate as you wish . I have used some of the lovely pattern paper that was available during Sale-A-Bration that is sadly not available now ๐Ÿ˜ข I also stamped , coloured and fussy cut out the tree and a santa from the stamp set. 

Be jolly Stampin up Christmas card fun fold

Be jolly Stampin up Christmas card fun fold


I have also used a fun sentiment from a stamp set called Holly Jolly Wishes.  This set is full of fun Christmas sentiments that work for so many cards inside and out!

Holly jolly wishes Stampin Up fun fold Christmas card

I used the Jingle all the way sentiment as the santa I used lookes like he's  dancing, well he does to me ๐Ÿ˜…

Be jolly Stampin up Christmas fun fold card

 Now yesterday was my wonderful mum's birthday and I used the same fun fold but made it larger. My Christmas version fits into a standard C6 envelope but for my Mum's card I made one that fit inside a C5 envelope . I also chose to use pattern paper, stamps and dies from  the gorgeous Expressions In Ink suite . 

I used a beautiful bold pink and gold as my colour palette. I think it is both elegant and contemporary as well as a little bit sassy just like my Mum  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Expressions in ink Stampin up fun fold a5 card

Expressions in ink Stampin up fun fold a5 card

Expressions in ink Stampin Up fun fold card

Expressions in ink Stampin up fun fold card

So that's  it from me this week. I'm  off to look at a venue for our weekend crafting retreat held next March this afternoon.  Thwn Saturday we're  celebrating World Cardmaking Day with some lovely crafters creating cards to donate to a local mental health charity . And Sunday I'll probably get a little crafting prep done for our regular classes next week. So all in all a busy crafty weekend! What about you? What are you upto?

Have a great weekend and don't forget to join us here next week when Gill will be sharing her inspiration with us.

Have fun

Cary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment