Wednesday 20 October 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Classic Cloche

White or Washed?

 I can't believe it's Wednesday already! It's amazing how quick time flies isn't it? For my Watercolour Wednesday card today, I started by washing the pale blue of Balmy Blue Ink across the card mat. After I let the mat dry, I used the gorgeous rich green of Shaded Spruce and stamped the small leaves to the mat and adhered it to the Silver Foiled Card.

On a separate piece of white card, I stamped the cloche and the birds into the middle of it. Using the stamp for the leaves, I used the Shaded Spruce for the leaves once again and coloured in the birds using a little pinkie/orange of Calypso Coral and the soft beige colour of Sahara Sand with a little of the soft yellow of So Saffron. I fussy cut the cloche out and then glued that to a piece of the Silver Foiled card and again, fussy cut that too. The sentiment was stamped onto white card and I punched it out using the Elegant Tag punch. I placed the punched piece back into the punch and tool a little more off the label to make it smaller. I punched another shape in the Silver Foiled card and glued the white to the silver. 

Stampin' Up! punches are so versatile as you can add them back into the punches and change the whole dimension of it. To complete the card, I stamped several of the birds again and coloured them in too. Yes, I fussy cut them out as usual and they were added randomly across and inside the card too.


 Before I had completed the card, I had made another cloche image. This one however, was with a watercolour wash across the cloche just like the main mat on the card. Below is a picture of the original piece which in the end, I chose to go with the white one.

 I think I chose right but what do you think? Which do you prefer...White or Washed?

No comments:

Post a Comment