Wednesday 27 October 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Arctic Bears

 I'm Certainly in a Wink of Stella phase this week! So much so that I have even used it today for watercolour Wednesday!! I have also taken liberties with my colour  palette for my Arctic Bears bundle. The bundle is the stamp set and dies and they are really great.

Arctic Bears bundle Stampin up water colour with wink of stella

I started out by stampin the bear in versamark then heat embossed with white powder onto white cardstock.  I then decided on an alternative colour for my bear..... pink!!

The pink colour is called polished pink and one of my favourites 💗.  I took the ink pad and dabbed it onto an acrylic block. Then I took my wink of stella and used it to pick up the colour and paint inside the bear. Once I was happy I used the coordinating dies to cut the bear out. 

Arctic Bears Stampin up watercolour wink of stella


Whilst I was colouring in the bear I coloured onto some other white cardstock randomly.  I used this to die cut out the watery swoshy piece and a moon.

Once the principal pieces were done I set to creating the card. I used some pattern paper from a collection called Peaceful Place

Peaceful place stampin up

A stip of white across the bottom to place the watery swishy bit and bear onto. I also stamped a simple sentiment onto the strip.

Arctic Bears Stampin up watercolour wink of stella

I know that a pink bear is a little challenging but I was really happy with the finished result. What do you think? 

Arctic Bears Stampin up watercolour wink of stella

Would you choose it? Even if you wouldn't please have a go at  using wink of stella to watercolour with. It's a great way to do something a bit different. So have a go and have fun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment