Wednesday 6 October 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Peaceful Deer

 Today's card is one that I had great fun making. a little fiddly but it was great fun to make. I started with a piece of White card and took a large acrylic block and stamped it onto the soft blue of Balmy Blue. This enabled me to get lots of ink onto the block. Using the large waterbrush in the set, I dropped a few drops of water onto the ink on the block....picking up the ink with the brush I literally spread it from the outside of the white card mat to the centre from left to right and repeated it until I had the colour that I was happy with. Yes, I could have used a piece of Balmy Blue card, but there wasn't any mixed texture showing on the mat which I have now.

For more information on the products that I used on this card, please click on the link HERE and it will open a new page for you. 

 

I took a piece of the Stampin' Up! white velvet paper and cut to half a C6 mat then ripped the edges of it to soften it and make it into the background. Stamping the deer and trees onto scrap white card then using Stampin' Blends, I coloured them in. 


Yes, it had to be done. I fussy cut the trees and deer. I then fixed them onto the card using dimensionals to add more texture. A piece of the cotton ribbon and a message inside and out completes this card.





No comments:

Post a Comment