Tuesday 26 October 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Arctic Bears

 Do you like making beautiful backgrounds? You can stamp one or watercolour one or blend one and have great fun doing so. But then the big question is what to do with these beautiful creations! Well I have a tip for you using the Arctic Bears.

Arctic Bears Stampin up blended background

My tips to use those gorgeous backgrounds  are not rocket science but might be ones that you've not thought of.

So my first tip is stamp on the background as if it were pattern paper. There is another part to this tip make sure your background is dry. Now if like me you've blended lots of different layers of ink the cardstock will be quite wet. So you can either leave it to dry naturally or help it along with a heat tool.

So I dried my piece then stamped along the bottom using the same navy blue ink that I'd used around the edges of my blended piece.

My next tip is don't forget that you can heat emboss onto your background. So I used the large bear and heat embossed it using versamark ink and white embossing powder. 

I  then got my wink of stella out and used 2 techniques . The first technique is splattering. I used the  brush tip of the pen and flicked it using the lid. The further away you are the smaller the splats . This creates a very random sparkle across the piece.

The 2nd tequnique is to use the wink of stella as a colouring tool.  I "coloured" the bear. The great think of this is that the wink of stella is a clear sparkle so the colours below show through. The sparkle highlights the image beautifully in real life but sadly doesn't show in my photos very well.

Arctic Bears Stampin up wink of stella blended background

My next little tip is to do with when adding another element such as the moon. The moon was die cut from white cardstock and was very stark against the blended background.  So to make it "fit" into the background I very lightly blended around the edges.

Arctic Bears Stampin up blended background

A simple sentiment and my card was complete. I love this card the colours are so beautiful and the shimmer is gorgeous 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment