Friday 16 October 2020

Fun Fold Friday - Joyful Holly

 Welcome back for this fun fold Friday.  The sun is shining but it's bitterly cold here today so I'm glad that I'm here indoors trying to warm myself up! Though saying that, my daughter in law says that she's warm! Figure that one out!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜• I must say that she is chasing my nearly 9 month old grand son Theo around! So I guess she may well be very warm! He's very active now, he stands and wants to be walked all of the time. If he's not walking, he's either crawling around at great speed, playing with the dog's water bowl or chasing the dogs! The dogs both love him too thankfully. He throws the ball for them and they nudge it back to him to do it again.                  

Anyway, back to my card for today. It is a very simple fold. I know that I say that a lot but it honestly is. I cut a piece of card at 14.85cm by the full length of a piece of A4 card, which in the UK is 29.7cm. I have again used the lovely Joyful Holly stamp set. At the beginning of this week I said that it wasn't for me but I have now changed my mind and will be making lots more holly based cards for this Christmas and other occasions too. More information on the stamps HERE

I scored and folded it at 9.9cm and the last part at 4.8cm so that the 2 edges of the card meet each other. Very simple! Yes it is a gatefold card but a slightly irregular one. I started with a Thick white card base and used Real Red mats for the front panels. I embossed them using the embossing folder called Brick and Mortar. I love the finish it gives on the card. I then stamped the image of Santa onto a white mat and coloured him in using the Stampin' Up blends pens. Once finished I die cut the image mat and some white frames using the same die set and made a frame to go on top. I added Foam Adhesive strips along the border of the frame where I had fixed a piece of acetate to. I sprinkled several pinches of Peaceful Poppies sequins from last years catalogue onto the Santa image and squished them all into the centre then adhered the frame over both the sequins and the image. 





On a separate piece of white card, I stamped and coloured in the Holly sprigs and again fussy cut them out. Using Dimensionals (foam shapes) I added them to the card. A couple of messages and some more holly on the inside and the card is complete. 

As I said earlier, a very simple, fun folded card today. 

That's it from me for this week, Cary will return on Monday to show you some of her creations. I hope you'll join her and see what she's been up to. 

Meanwhile, have a good weekend, take care, stay safe and keep well. Gill xxxxx 😘😍😘 


No comments:

Post a Comment