Friday 23 October 2020

Fun fold Friday's Gorgeous Posies

 Wahoo the weekend is here !! 😀 But sadly that means the my last day sharing the Gorgeous Posies with you all 😪 

So for today's final post using these beautiful stamps and kit I  have made a card using both the stamp set and the card kit!!

Called a diamond spring fold card it looks impressive and very 3 dimentional. It starts with a piece of card measuring 14 85cm x 28cm. You then score it at 7cm and 14cm along the long side. 

Next mark both sides at 21cm. Now score diagonally from the 21cm marks to the opposite 7cm scoreline. 

Next mark the center point at the top of the cardstock and cut diagonally to the 21cm marks to create a diamond shape.

Now fold the 7cm score line as a valey fold, the 2 diagonal scorelines as mountains and finally the 14cm score line as a valley fold. 

The photo below best explains all of the above! 

To decorate my card I tool one of the beautiful printed panels from the Gorgeous Posies kit and trimmed it to fit on the diamond. I mounted it onto a gold mat as the card fronts in the kit all have gold foiling on them!

For the sentiment and focal point I used the laser cut circle and long piece from the kit. I decorated them with the die cut flowers also in the kit. The leaves I fussy cut from another card front.

For the base and side panels I created my own background paper using white card and pink ink. I started by gently blendingbthe ink over the card, I wasn't going for complete coverage as I wanted to replicate the splotchy background.  Next I splattered some pink ink using my water brush. Then finally using the spotty stamp from the set and 2 and 3rd generational stamping randomly stamped all over.  I mounted these pieces on gold foil as well to create quite a luxurious effect.

Well thats it from me this week I do hope you've enjoyed the projects and feel inspired by them. As always all the products are available from our online shop HERE

Have a great weekend and please join us next week when Gill will be sharing the inspiration.

Have fun

Cary xx

 Gorgeous Posies stampin up fun fold diamond spring fold








2 comments: