Tuesday 6 October 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Ornamental Envelopes

 Today's project is all about texture and uses both ink and dry embossing to create it. I have also created a coordinating lined envelope using the Ornamental Envelopes dies because ...well....why not 🤣

Starting with a piece of white card and strips of mask paper or what I use which is all over sticky note paper. I created a checker board effect. 


I then applied a pale turquoise blue ink over the card. Once I was happy I removed the strips to reveal the background. 



I then used an embossing folder and my cut and emboss machine to add more texture to the cardstock. Making sure that the raised side was on the inked side of the cardstock I then applied more colour to the piece. With a darker shade of turquoise ink I gently went over the the piece catching just the raised parts of the card. 


The finished result is very textural and pretty. It is a great way to get more from your embossing folders. 

I then stamped the baubles in navy blue and die cut them using the corresponding die from the Ornamental Envelopes dies. I used 3d foam to make them stand proud, added a little twine for the strings, added a sentiment and voilà. 


Ornamental Envelopes Stampin Up embossing folder






No comments:

Post a Comment