Tuesday 20 October 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Gorgeous Posies

 Today I'm sharing a card that has a twist on a technique that is called Triple Stamping. Of course I've used the Gorgeous Posies stamps and a piece of the beautiful white and gold ribbon that comes from the Gorgeous Posies kit,  you get so much that I thought this card just called out for it!

So for today's card I started out with a white mat that measured 13.9cm x 9.5cm, but you can use any size to fit your card. I then had fun creating a pretty stamped background that extended roughly 3/4 of the way up the card in a portrait orientation. I then stamped my sentiment in the open space at the top.

Next I took out my nesting dies. I have chosen to use the Stitched Nested label dies from Stampin Up but any nice layering dies would work. Then I worked out the sizes that worked for me by laying them onto the card working from the top leaving the top edge straight. When happy I die cut them all out at the same time.

Once I'd die cut I cut a mat for the main piece of the card and stuck it together.  Now using the same colour card, a beautiful rich shade of purple called Rich Razzleberry ( fab name!) I matted the die cut layers. Once I'd mounted them on their mats I layer the whole thing together. 

I like the effect that having all the layers start at the same point gives do you?

All materials used can be purchased HERE












No comments:

Post a Comment