Monday 26 October 2020

Make It Monday - Christmas Rose

 Hello and welcome. This week I had intended using a kit called Boho Indigo but as Cary made such a lovely job of the Gorgeous Posies cards last week, I changed my project to the Christmas Rose double stamp set. More information HERE 

This gorgeous set arrived last winter ready for Christmas and I am so pleased that it's still with us now so I can show you some of the amazing projects that can be made using it. It has a set of dies to go with it, some of which are really intricate, so please have a look around in our shop and see what other amazing things you can find too.  The set is a box of 2 lots of stamps, 1 is the whole image of the Christmas rose and the other is lots of different elements of the 1st image and more. The whole stamp is in red rubber clear mount and the other set is photopolymer. I thought I was going mad when I first received mine but no. It's done for a reason. I am a very strong believer that we must still use the stamp sets from previous years as a. I still have them, b. I still love them and c. just because they have retired doesn't mean they are no longer needed! That goes for people too. Just because people retire doesn't mean they cannot be very useful still. They are invaluable!

Today's project is of course a #simplestamping one. I used the whole stamp image, only 1 of the other images plus messages. I love the way that the roses can both be coloured in together with the one stamp or not if you don't want to.

All that I used for this card today was Memento Black, Night of Navy and the gorgeous Mango Melody ink pads. The Mango Melody is a gorgeous deeper yellow than the beautifully bright Daffodil Delight.




A few of the little branches and another message for the inside to complete this card today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment