Wednesday 28 October 2020

Watercolour Wednesday - Christmas Rose

Hello and apologies for my lateness in posting today! Yesterday I packaged up lots and lots of parcels amid making a card. When I went to make the card for today, The stamps were missing!!! I searched high and low for them, I thought they may have fallen in the parcels bags too but no! They had fallen under a unit! Thank fully, I've now made a card albeit very different from my normal traditional style. Using again the lovely set of Christmas Rose. More information HERE

For the watercolour theme today, I have gone completely off piste! 4 squares of bright colours. Red, Yellow, Green and Purple. Or in Stampin' Up! colours, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Gorgeous Grape. I inked a large block with each colour in 1 quarter of the block, then spritzed it with lots of water. Using Watercolour paper, I spritzed that too then added the block ink side down onto the paper. I gently moved the block so that the colours weren't too regimented. 

Once dry, I stamped in Versamark Ink Pad the main image and after using silver embossing powder, I heat set it. It was added to a Poppy Parade mat then fixed to a White card base then a strip of the lovely Real Red Sheer Ribbon, a bow and a few messages and my very different style Christmas card is complete. 





Not at all like the kind of Christmas card that I am used to making but this certainly makes a change and I know exactly who WILL appreciate this one! Thankfully, :))

No comments:

Post a Comment